A little revenge on a thing we like to call the media.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Voxtrot - Voxtrot

Yes, I guess it's alternative music, but there is a happier spark in Voxtrot's self-titled album that immediately attracts me. It's obvious that the artists paid a huge amount of detail to each aspect of every lush track on the album, which makes every song a pleasure to listen to. No two songs are boringly similar, and though they use many of the same techniques in their songs they are always used differently. Usually when I listen to a song, to make sure that I really like it I look for a little hook or something about it that I truly love. There is something special about every song on this album that makes me want to buy every one of them. The album has a catchiness to it that would make it easy to dance to, and the whole album is just so upbeat that even the dramatic songs with sad undertones are energizing. Voxtrot's music has a touch of nostalgia to it (sort of an 80's flair) but it's not overpowering to the music. One of the things I like the most about this album is that though it's alternative, maybe with a little bit of rockishness underneath, it's not annoyingly so. You can tell that Voxtrot enjoyed themselves making this album, which undoubtedly shows through in their lyrics and melody. They didn't try too hard, which worked out for the better. Every song is simple but not overly basic, and all tied together makes a beautiful and extremely enjoyable album. Buy. 4.5/5 stars.

No comments: